- A pretty little market town nestling in the picturesque Coquet
valley, and only about 15 minutes drive away.
||Dunstanburgh Castle - Majestic
coastal setting only a mile's walk from Craster, a tiny fishing
village, world famous for its excellent kippers.
|Berwick upon Tweed -
the most northerly town in England. Spectacular coast and river,
plus the most intact set of town walls in the country.
||Alnwick Castle - Home of the Duke of
Northumberland and location for the Harry Potter films.
- is certainly one of the most spectacular medieval castles in the
countr, overlooking wonderful sandy beaches.
||The Alnwick Garden
- award winning modern garden close to the historic market town of
|Ford, Etal &
Heatherslaw Mill - Two delightful villages a mile apart, each
side of Heatherslaw working water mill and light railway
- near the charming little market town of Rothbury, this Victorian industrialist's
mansion set in glorious grounds was state-of-the-art technology in its day
|Chillingham Castle and
Wild Cattle - see the only herd of true wild cattle in the
||Seahouses - is a
charming fishing village on the Northumberland coast. Regular
boat trips to the Farne Islands nature reserve.
|Warkworth Castle -
Spectacular ruin set above the medieval village of Warkworth, and
close to Amble, with its port and marina
||Wallington Hall - set
in beautiful; grounds, this NT property is the seat of the local
|The Roman Wall
- The Romans left their mark all over Northumberland, but Hadrian's
Wall is the best known attraction,
||Hexham Abbey -
This beautiful ancient Abbey is set in the centre of the market town
|Morpeth - With its
800 year old Wednesday market and award-winning riverside park,
Morpeth is the County Town of Northumberland
||Woodhorn Colliery Museum
- is a recently reopened and completely refurbished centre in which
to discover the industrial and mining heritage of South East
Settlement - near the small town of Corbridge. See how the
Romans lived on the northern boundary of their empire
||Holy Island (Lindisfarne)
- A tidal island just off the most spectacular coast of
Northumberland. The very seat of Northern Christianity. Check